Howdy, Abbot Kinney Triangle Neighbors—
We’re pleased to report good news from Pete Abskharon, Police Officer II, LAPD Community Relations Office:
- “Wanted to give you an update for the folks in the area. There has been a significant decrease in burglaries and vehicle break ins in & around the AKT. The only hot prowl in the area was at the 1100 block of Cabrillo and that involved an unlocked door. I think the word has gotten out that the hot prowls are directly related to unlocked windows/doors.”
- “Recently there has been a trend of construction site related burglaries (not in the AKT area but Pacific Division in general). If anyone is planning a large construction project please secure all equipment and have a temporary surveillance camera installed as a deterrent. As a reminder, please keep all property away from open windows/doors and remove anything of value from inside vehicles. Take care!”
So keep up the good work, y’all! Let’s not slack off with positive news.
We are a little behind in following up with block captain candidates about next steps, but we will be in touch shortly. The organizing committee is meeting next week and it’s one of our topics. We’ll also be targeting the next date and agenda for our next neighborhood meeting, likely every three to four months.
Our mailing list is now up to 197 recipients—how awesome is that?
We do have significant gaps in both sign-ups and block captain candidates on Cabrillo, Market, Windward, and Riviera, however, so please do spread the word to neighbors there.
Finally, we’ve just posted a Microsoft Word and PDF version of the Five Points of Contact document with all the Pacific Division LAPD contact information so that it’s easy to click on email addresses, etc.
Abbot Kinney Triangle Neighbors Association Organizing Committee
Emergency contact information:
- 911 for in-progress crimes and life-threatening emergencies
- Police dispatch: (818) 734-2223
- LAPD Pacific Division: (310) 482-6334
- Senior Lead Officer Peggy Thusing: Mobile (310) 622-3968,[email protected]
- Abandoned Vehicles: 800-ABANDON (222-6366)
- Graffiti Problems: 311
- Councilman Mike Bonin’s office (council district 11): (310) 568-8772,[email protected]
- Cecilia Castillo, Mike Bonin’s CD11 Venice Deputy: [email protected]